1. Buy tissue paper in your favorite colors.
2. Unfold tissue paper so it is all spread out.
3. If doing three colors (pink, purple, turquoise) in each pom, then stack up 5 of each color. If you want a solid color pom pom, then stack up 15 sheets of the same color.
4. Fold in half the long way, or “hot dog style”
5. Take scissors and cut 2 inch slits up towards the fold, but DO NOT cut across the fold.
6. Once slits are cut, unfold the paper at the fold to open it back up.
7. Facing the paper long ways, with cut slits on either side, lift up one tissue sheet at a time, grab the top with your thumbs, middle finger and pointer fingers. Keep fingers in the middle, close together. Leaving the slits to hang on sides. Slowly, using your fingers, pull, or scrunch up the tissue, but Do NOT roll it.
8. Once you have scrunched it all the way up, twist in the middle, “make a bow tie” and set aside. Do this for all 15 sheets
9. Next, put all 15 twisted “bow ties” together and tape them in the middle with scotch tape to make a handle. You can make multi-colored pom poms or solid, whichever you like.
10. Hip Hip Hooray! Now you have one pom pom. Repeat to make a matching pair.
I usually trim them after to make them all the same length. You may also cut 2-3 inches off in the beginning before you cut slits, to make the pom poms shorter as well. It depends on how big you want them. You may also add more tissue or less to change the size. Once the pom is made, carefully pull tissue pieces apart to fluff it up. 3 cheers for perfectly fluffed DIY pom poms!
Wow I had so much fun.Thanks for teaching me how To make tissue pom-poms!?
I am so happy that you enjoyed it. Please share the site with friends. Cheers, Michelle